Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Devils Claws

Devils Claws

When you died
My world had changed.
I wept and prayed,
Nothing was the same
The certain became the uncertain
Reality became the dream
And my future became the present
Frozen...in time

All I knew was no more
The routine was dry, mundane
Night turned to day and then
No
More

Where are you? Were you ever here?
Yes.
I know you were

The pain in my chest that once held my heart tells me so
The deep, dreaded ache in the abyss of my soul
Still lingers
A wound that seeps
Draining of a life that once filled my being

Anger...

Take me for all I care oh silent grief!
Gnawing and scraping at every morsel of hope I have left.
Leave me before you take me too!
I will not be victim to your greed!

Like hungry devil's claws scraping for the remnants of what little life I have left.
Loss...
Silent...deep.

But...the anguish in my soul will always be
For I know that if it wasn't, then you
Were never here.

hopehayduk/08/rev.15

linking up with

read more poetry on http://dversepoets.com/2015/11/17/poetics-who-what-do-you-miss/





20 comments:

  1. I resonate with this poem of grief.......the draining of a life "that once filled my being"....the depth of the grief is what we have left of them, so we do not want to let it go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, grief is a process ~ feeling sad, angry, all kinds of emotions come up. It takes time to heal. It means we cared. Lovely and heartfelt poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy you liked it Loredana! thank you!

      Delete
  3. That conclusion is so strong.. however painful afterward it has to be better than a void... really strong poem to describe the loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. appreciate your input brudberg! thank you!

      Delete
  4. Your words express the abject pain of loss so clearly...thanks for sharing. Soon, I hope your grief will be relieved and you will only remember the happy and joyous times together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Bodhirose! thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  5. Such a powerfully emotive poem....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your comment Sanaa! really appreciate your thoughts!

      Delete
  6. I feel the grief in this powerful poem. You described it as it is with the details that make the reader 'feel.' Such as the pain in one's chest! So glad you took part in this challenge at dVerse, and hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary! appreciate your feedback and thank you for the invite back!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. thank you for your comment my dear friend Ayala!

      Delete
  8. Grief
    the price
    of Love..
    and well
    worth it..
    in my
    eYes of sure..:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very delicate expression of grief and what grief can do to us.

    I hope that all is well with you. I did not turn on the computer for a couple of days. Good thing I did today and got a chance to read your poem. As usual, the poem unfolds emotions as we read it and that is very touching.

    I have been very busy with work. From Monday I have four days off and I shall read a lot, blog post and may be a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Munir! all is well over here. Happy to hear you will have your days off soon especially since you've been very busy. :)

      Delete